top of page

(UK) Wales: $30M for 'world class' special school

August 9, 2021, Powyrs County Times (Wales): Ysgol Cedewain: Have your say on plans for 'world-class' special school in Newtown

There is still time to share views on plans to replace a special school in Newtown which will cost £22 million [$30M U.S.] to build. The long-awaited replacement for Ysgol Cedewain aims to be a "world-class" learning facility for children and young people aged two to 19 with additional learning needs…. The new school will be funded the Welsh Government’s 21st Century Schools Programme, who will fund 75 per cent of the project (£16.5 million). The remaining 25 per cent (£5.5 million) would be funded by Powys County Council. …


bottom of page